Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tag! You're it!

I've been tagged by the lovely Loobs therefore:

Four jobs I've had:

Waiter - at the Bull ‘n’ Bush Theatre Restaurant – where I learned to loathe the “Hokey Pokey” and big vats of ugly looking Minestrone soup.

Art Supply Sales Assistant – My first real job was at Dean’s Art Store, I think I got it because I had Cliff Pugh as a reference on my resume. They put up with an amazing amount of crap from me as a late teen (coming in tired, stinking of smoke and booze etc), still I had a lot of fun there too. Some customers I served – The Grollo Family, Pamela Stephenson and a mute guy with a bitey Chihuahua.

The Sorting Hat from Harry Potter.

Site Producer – SCAPE Studio. An amazing job I fell into because I knew who Stan Lee was and had some ideas about animation on the web. SCAPE was a joint venture between Channel 10 and Village Roadshow and was a huge, beautiful, badly timed mess. 40 Million down the drain and nothing but a shadow to prove it ever existed…I was there when the Bubble burst. It was my job to source animations, games and content for the site. It was here that I struck up conversations with the amazing Anton Emdin, Joe Murray, Dave Jones, The Lycette Brothers and others.

Four movies I can watch over and over:

Animal Crackers – The Marx Brothers. (link features 'new' footage - Harpo without a wig!)
Once Upon a time in America – Dir: Sergio Leone
The Party – Dir: Blake Edwards
Allegro Non Troppo – Dir: Bruno Bozzetto

Four places I have lived:

Mulberry Hill, Baxter. Now a National Trust property this is where I spent my childhood and loved every minute of it.

Warrandyte. Once a lovely little hamlet with trees, a river and plenty of bored, drunk teenagers with mullets. Never go back…

2/119 Brighton Road Elwood. My first solo flat outing was a dingy ‘70s yellowbrick affair with light blue walls and rising damp. Here I ate pot noodles, played Tom Waits and the Betty Blue Soundtrack until it all got too expensive and I met a playwright called Di who moved in. The day before I was about to leave for Barcelona I got an eviction notice. They gave it a makeover, painted the brick purple, stuck a fernery in the front and sold them off as designer apartments. Heh suckers.

Top of the Hill, Acland Street, St Kilda. Where I first shared a flat with my partner. When St Kilda still had a rough edge and there half as many cafes and designer restaurants. It still had all the cake shops mind you and this is where I got fat. Heady days. Mary Martin Bookshop, The Danube Restaurant, The Espy, The Astor and the Galleon.

Four television shows I love to watch:

There is nothing currently on the Box that’s pressing my buttons, maybe Wild West and Teachers on the ABC but they’ve been hit and miss over the last few eps. So - perennial favs:

The Goodies
Big Train
Whose Line is it Anyway?
Get Smart

Four places I have been on holiday:
I've already haughtily dropped Barcelona into this list, so:
Paris
Hamburg
Papua New Guinea
New York

Four of my favourite dishes:

My Grandma’s Vegetable Soup (with meat)
A Bento Box with loads of wasabi
Monica Bellucci
Anne’s Golden Syrup Dumplings

Four websites I visit daily:

Why, Loobylu of course!
Cartoon Brew
Chortle
Double Fine Action Comics – the most underrated web comics around, these guys are fantastic.

Four places I would rather be right now:

Shooting the breeze with the gang around the Algonquin Table circa: 1920 (or pub Hopping in Paris with Robert McAlmon, Hemingway and Fitzgerald)
Enjoying the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland with the family
Biking through the streets of Leuven, Belgium.
Improvising with pals and having a really great freaking time.

Four bloggers I am tagging:

That cheeky Loobylu took most of my list...
Dave
Kevin


Sad isn’t it that there are so few Bloggers I can send this to…when will all my luddite friends catch onto the internet?

No comments: