Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Posters and Seasoned Travellers


Buckley, the Baby and I all trooped up to Sydney recently, to see her ancestral family home and those inside as well as giving me a chance to get along to the GRAPHIC festival at the Sydney Opera House. One of the highlights was a talk by FRANK creator, Jim Woodring. A fascinating insight into his mind, working process and surreal creations. Other highlights included a thought provoking and illuminating panel discussion about wordless comics with Woodring, Peter Kuper and local hero Nathan Jurevicius. The less said about Robert Crumb not turning up the better.

Bummed that I missed out on the workshops and the talk with Scott McCloud.
Some of the loot I picked up on my travels.

While in Sydney I also got to see the fabulous Mad Square exhibition - when it gets to Melbourne I urge everyone to go see it.

Back in Melbourne we did a return season of the improvised longform Pia Zadora at Impro Melbourne - fast becoming my favourite format for it's simplicity and possibilities.


Next it was up to Brisbane with B & B (Buckley and Baby) for the Off The Cuff Festival which is run by the excellent group Impro Mafia. I performed in two shows, ran a workshop in Pia and Long form and got to hold the baby backstage while Buckley and friends did some sterling work in the National Theatresports Competition (Victoria won).

Stage parenting 101.

The design work keeps coming for mates alike - more to come:









No comments: