Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year Everyone

I hope it was a cracker.

This Eve I would have none of the "city-sea-of-human-refuse" that I encountered last year, instead I spent it in the company of a delightful young lady, a bottle of French bubbly and season 1 of The Mighty Boosh. Now if that isn't the way to kickstart a year I don't know what is.

As far as any New Year realisations/reflective insights - I've started to be a bit cautious with my approach now. It's far too easy to get swept up in the idealism of a new year - much harder to maintain and spread the diligence over the coming months which is why I have chosen SIMPLE, uncluttered resolutions for '08:

This Year I will.

  • HAVE THE BODY OF A 22 YEAR OLD SURF LIFESAVER
  • BUY ONLY THE FINEST, FRESHEST PRODUCE AND COOK ALL MY MEALS
  • TRANSFORM MY GARDEN INTO PARADISE
  • LOVE EVERYONE EQUALLY AND NEVER SPEAK BADLY OF ANYONE, EVER
  • TRAVEL THE WORLD FIRST CLASS
  • LEARN THE TRUMPET
  • GROW A POWERFUL MOUSTACHE THAT INVOKES GASPS OF WONDER AND AWE.

I'll stop there because I want to leave some room for '09

(actually - if you read between the lines and tone down the hyperbole - they're pretty much what I was thinking...)


I hope this year offers up new adventures, laughs and surprises for me and you.

Cheers
L

1 comment:

Amanda Buckley said...

It sounds almost like a perfect way to spend New Years. Now wash those hands Cap'n.

Here's to a brilliant '08! x