This Eve I would have none of the "city-sea-of-human-refuse" that I encountered last year, instead I spent it in the company of a delightful young lady, a bottle of French bubbly and season 1 of The Mighty Boosh. Now if that isn't the way to kickstart a year I don't know what is.
As far as any New Year realisations/reflective insights - I've started to be a bit cautious with my approach now. It's far too easy to get swept up in the idealism of a new year - much harder to maintain and spread the diligence over the coming months which is why I have chosen SIMPLE, uncluttered resolutions for '08:
This Year I will.
- HAVE THE BODY OF A 22 YEAR OLD SURF LIFESAVER
- BUY ONLY THE FINEST, FRESHEST PRODUCE AND COOK ALL MY MEALS
- TRANSFORM MY GARDEN INTO PARADISE
- LOVE EVERYONE EQUALLY AND NEVER SPEAK BADLY OF ANYONE, EVER
- TRAVEL THE WORLD FIRST CLASS
- LEARN THE TRUMPET
- GROW A POWERFUL MOUSTACHE THAT INVOKES GASPS OF WONDER AND AWE.
I'll stop there because I want to leave some room for '09
(actually - if you read between the lines and tone down the hyperbole - they're pretty much what I was thinking...)
I hope this year offers up new adventures, laughs and surprises for me and you.